How To Use Your Z1 Pump
- Thoroughly wash hands with soap and water before touching any pump parts.
- Check each component for damage before use and replace parts when/if necessary. We recommend replacing pump parts regularly to maintain the performance of your breast pump.
- Make sure that all breast shield kit parts that come into contact with the breast and breast milk are properly sanitized.
- Assemble the breast shield kit according to the instructions and connect to the pump motor using the tubes (please see the quick start guide instructions).
- Ensure tubing is tightly connected to prevent air leakage.
- Before your session, check the battery level to ensure your pump is fully charged.
- Try massaging your breasts for about 5 minutes with a warm towel or lactation massager to promote expression.
- Place the breast shield on your breast so that your nipple is centered (please see the breast shield size guide to get the correct measurement).
- Press the power button to turn on the pump.
- Press the mode selector to switch modes.
- The Z1 has two pumping modes or patterns: Stimulation and Expression. Stimulation Mode has shorter, faster sucks. This rapid sucking stimulates the nerves in the breast and a letdown occurs. Expression Mode has deeper, longer sucks. This mimics the phase of a feeding when a baby becomes more satisfied as the sucking continues to slow down.
- It is generally recommended to start a session in Stimulation Mode, slowly increasing the vacuum strength to a comfortable level and until you have a letdown has been achieved and the milk has started flowing.
- Once a letdown has occurred, switch to Expression Mode, slowly increasing the vacuum strength to a comfortable level. If you feel you need another letdown, then toggle back to Stimulation Mode until you get your desired output. Tip - You do not need to use all pump modes and levels. Only use the settings that are comfortable for you.
- When you have finished expressing, press the power button to turn off the breast pump motor and carefully remove the breast shield from your breast to avoid discomfort or leaking. Tip - After switching off the breast pump, break the seal between the skin and the breast shield with your finger, and then remove the shield from your breast.
Please note the breast pump will automatically turn off after 30 minutes of use as a safety precaution.
- Read instructions fully before using your Zomee breast pump.
- When using the AC adapter with your Z1 USB cable, please use the correct voltage (110v-DCV6, 0.8A).
- We recommend only using the adapter included with this pump
- If the USB charging cable provided with your pump is damaged, it must be replaced to avoid a hazard.
- Do not immerse the motor in water or attempt to clean it with wet sponge or cloth.
- Keep out of reach of children .
- Always unplug when not in use- continuous charging can damage the pump motor.
- In order to ensure optimal milk flow, do not pump while lying down or in a reclined position
- Using a higher vacuum setting may not always produce more milk. While some moms increase output with more suction strength, others respond better to a faster cycle pattern (mode).